Monday, July 29, 2013

The Hunger Games?



Ok so I had to do a post on Suzanne Collins Hunger Games Series.
How could I not? There's just so many things I want to talk about. Like first off, how does one think of a novel including children that must fight to the death? I read the initial idea came to Suzanne as she was flicking through T.V channels yet I still can't imagine what made her think of THAT.
 
Don't get me wrong.... I only talk about books I love on this blog. I do love the hunger games. I've read the books many times and I dragged my boyfriend to gold class to watch the first movie the day it came out.

BUT SERIOUSLY! how did she think of children fighting to the death? Usually when I think about death I think of adults not twelve year old kids. Maybe that's why I prefer Catching Fire? I know that was the reason I didn't pick up the books for a long time. I'm glad I did in the end because they are awesome. Who knew sticking a bunch of kids in an arena and forcing them to kill each other could be so entertaining? I didn't.......

Moving on my favorite part of the series was the seriously awesome time arena in Catching Fire. I'm not kidding. All I could think about during that book was how amazing that idea was. I wouldn't like to face it, but when a book is revolved around death and disaster I expect there to be plenty of it. All I did during that book was grip the pages waiting for the next part of the arena to unleash something horrific. That sounds exceptionally evil of me, but at least I hoped Katnis would live. I did kinda wish Haymich had to go instead of Peeta. Not to die, but so show his untapped killer skills he gained many years ago.

My least favorite part was those creepy white roses Snow (was that his name.....I already forgot) sent! I read a indie book recently that included roses and all I could think about was that creeper governor from Hunger Games. Then some crazy ideas started forming in my head and somehow I linked the two books together........

I don't know..... I really don't.... they are very different books......

Anyway enough about Hunger Games because I must go to bed. It's getting late and I don't want to end up dreaming about Snow because he was the last thing I wrote about before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment